Thursday, August 6, 2009

From Carly Meyer

Well we've been back in the U.S. for almost a week now. The Lord gave us safe travels while we were in London, and on both our flights. It still surprises me that we're back already! I want to go over there again so badly. While I understand that this is unrealistic, at the same time, I will definitely be encouraging others to go. I really hope to see this program continue, and ask that we all keep it in our prayers. There are so many blessings that come from it, for the people that go over, and for our Indian brothers and sisters. I hope that I can share my experiences with my brothers and sisters in Christ here at home in a way that they will benefit from.

I'm kind of struggling with that right now, because people come up to me and ask, "How was your trip to India?" and I just don't know how to answer that question adequately without spending an hour talking! There are just so many things to say about it, I really can't sum it all up in a sentence or two. One thing I try to tell people is how eye-opening it is to see first-hand the culture, and to actually meet the people we are working with. It's encouraging to think that, even though we're on opposite sides of the globe, we are all working together towards one goal!

It was difficult saying goodbye to the pastors, not knowing if we would ever see them again. I miss them all very much! But we can be encouraged knowing that soon we will all be together in heaven! Praise the Lord for this assurance!!! May He keep us all in the faith, regardless of where we may be on this earth, until that blessed day when He comes back.

No comments: