Saturday, August 1, 2009

From Stephen Eichstadt

We made it back home! It feels pretty good to be back home, however, I do miss the people that I got to know in India. It was a trip which I will not be forgetting, and very worthwhile. We were blessed to be able to proclaim the Gospel message to many people.

There is a lot of work to be done in India, and the need for people to do this work became very evident in this trip. We all became aware of the need, and I wondered at times if I could do more. It is something which I will be keeping in my prayers, and I ask that everyone else also keep this work, and those who do the work in their prayers.

It took a little time to get used to the culture, and to get into a rhythm. Once this was accomplished, it turned into a very enjoyable trip! It is also amazing to see the contrast between India and the U.S. It was something which was noticeable when we first got to India, but as we stayed there, I became used to it. When we got to London and then back to the U.S. it became very obvious again. We are truly blessed to be living in a wonderful nation, even if at times we don't like the politics that take place. There is never any major problems when it comes to preaching the message of Christ's salvation, this is something which cannot be said about India.

I would like to thank everyone who supported us with their prayers. They were very much appreciated, and the results are evident in that we had a very smooth trip, and God's Word reached many people. I would ask that everyone keep the foreign mission fields in mind, and pray that the work will continue to flourish.

Luke 10:2-"He told them, "The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.""

In Christ's Saving Grace,
Stephen

No comments: