Monday, July 6, 2009

2009 Mission Helper Trip to India

My name is Todd Ohlmann. I am blessed to serve as pastor of Faith Lutheran Church of West St. Louis County in Missouri. I also have the privilege of serving my Lord as a part-time foreign missionary to India and Nepal.

On Monday, July 13th, I will be accompanied by one other pastor and nine other men and women from several congregations of the CLC, who have volunteered to serve as Mission Helpers to India. We will depart on an evening flight from Chicago O'Hare airport to Chennai in the South Indian state of Tamil Nadu.

When we arrive in India we will be met by Missionary Matthew Ude. After touring the CLCI seminary and orphanage, we will divide into three teams to teach and proclaim God's saving word through pastoral training seminars and child evangelism programs. If past trips are any indication, and the Lord continues to bless this effort, the Mission Helpers will have the opportunity to reach upwards of 3,000 children with God's saving Word. Some of these children are members of our sister congregations in India, but many have never heard the truth of God's word concerning the forgiveness and salvation that has been won for them through the life, suffering, death, and resurrection of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

Please come back often to see pictures and read reports from myself and the other Mission Helpers.
Please remember the 2009 Mission Helpers to India in your prayers.

In Christ,
Pastor Todd Ohlmann



1 comment:

Laura said...

How exciting for you guys! I will be following along with your reports. I remember that one thing that really kept me going when I was over there two years ago was hearing from people back home, so I'll try to be on the other side of the equation this time.

God bless your travels!