Sunday, July 26, 2009

From Carly Meyer

Wow. . .only 2 more days left in India. It's amazing how quickly time flies! We taught today in the Chennai district, to a very enthusiastic group! They performed a few dances, and a few of the kids recited Bible passages for us. It was one of our smaller groups (I think) but they were definitely one of the noisiest (in a good way)! Every time one of us made a statement about God's love, or what Jesus did for us they would all start clapping. It was really cool to see! As we teach these lessons over and over again, it is tempting to get tired of the message. But these kids really reminded me that this is something to get excited about, no matter how many times you hear it!

As we near the end of the trip, I really feel myself getting more and more anxious to go home and see my family and friends again. I suppose this is only natural. But I am praying that the Lord would help me and all of us helpers stay focused til the end, because who knows if we're going to get an opportunity this incredible again?

While I hope that I can come over here again, I can't count on it, and I really just want to make the most of every moment that I have with my fellow Indian brothers and sisters. They are such incredible people! I pray that this program continues, whether it be trips to India, or to one of the other countries where we have missions developing. It's such an amazing opportunity to see firsthand the work that the Lord is doing!

No comments: