Monday, July 6, 2009

In the Lord's Hand....we are ready to go!

From Jackie Schwersinske
Sunday, July 5, 2009

The Lord has not let me get too many jitters as of now. Getting ready for the trip and working at the Lutheran Home has kept me busy enough to prevent to many jitters. The lord reaches out to most of my jitters by strong daily devotions. Here is one to share. He tells me repeatly that I am going to use His strength and that He will be holding my right hand. That He will be leading--not me. He says Jackie trust and thankfulness will get you through this trip one step at a time. Thankfulness keeps you from critizing and complaining those "sister sins" that so easily entangle you. You need Me every moment. Your awareness of your constant need for Me is your greatest strength. Pray continually short prayers. When ever you find yourself worrying about the furture, repent and return to Me. I will show you the next step forward. That is the the best advice that I will ever have.

Looks like I will be taking Mike Naumann to the airport with me. I just got a call from Pastor Bruce Naumann just as I was typing this. So that will be our pleasure. We can take this as another step in the Lords plan.

I start taking my Malaria tablets Tommorrow that will be interesting. And I will be meeting for coffee in the next couple of days with Candy Olhmann so she can give me pointers and advice. I have 4 days off before I leave to India to finish preparing for my trip. I can hug my children and husband before I go and know that the Lord holds them in the palm of His hand. Thank you Lord. I'm sure you will here from us soon.

Your Christian sister Jackie Schwersinske

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jackie - David and I will be watching the blog and following closely during your trip. You have been, are, and will continue to be in our prayers daily (even hourly). What a privilege (and duty) it is to share the Good News of Salvation with others!

My favorite Scripture verse is Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." It has carried me through so much and God's unfailing Word will carry you too.

In Christ,
Dianne Dexter