Monday, July 6, 2009

One Week Until We Leave -- Steve Eichstadt

1 week until we leave...It is hard to believe that after all of this planning and anticipation, that we are that close to the trip! This trip has made me nervous, especially when I start thinking about all of the new things that I will be doing. However, I then start focusing on the reason for the trip, sharing the blessed news of our Savior, and I get very excited! This is something that puts a smile on my face. I am blessed with the great privilege of sharing this wonderful news, and the privilege of seeing the Gospel at work in this field.

This is something which I am greatly anticipating.

Currently, I am in the process of preparing the lesson which I will be teaching. This has proved to be a more difficult task then I had first thought. The idea of teaching through a translator, and teaching in a culture which I am not real familiar with can be a daunting task. But after I think about that, I remember the words that God said the Moses when God was giving him the task of leading the children of Israel.

"The LORD said to him, "Who gave man his mouth? Who makes him deaf or mute? Who gives him sight or makes him blind? Is it not I, the LORD? Now go; I will help you speak and will teach you what to say." (Exodus 4:11-12)

After reading this, it is hard to be nervous about teaching. Through preparation and prayer, God will make the words which I speak, sound beautiful and do the work which He intends.

I have a feeling that the next week will go very fast. Before I know it, we will be teaching the blessed news of our Savior, and seeing His Word at work in lives on the other side of the world!

No comments: